Fixing holes and cracks
Holes and cracks are caused by various factors but can be fixed neatly and professionally. Follow this project to fix these eyesores quickly and efficiently yourself.
What you’ll need
- Crack Filler
- Sanding paper
- Paint (Colour of wall)
- Assess the size of the hole to determine the amount of paint and Crack Filler needed.
- Clean and smooth out the area by sanding around the hole or crack and be sure to allow to dry if wet.
- Make sure no loose paint chips or plaster is left in the hole or crack. Mix Crack Filler with water, following the instructions on packaging.
- Apply a thick layer to the crack or hole with the scraper and be sure to get the mixture into the crack or hole to level it out with the wall.
- Use the scraper to smooth out the Crack Filler.
- You will only need one application.
- Allow to dry for 30 minutes or longer, check the area until dry.
- Once completely dry smooth out rough edges and bulk until flush with the wall using sandpaper.
- When sanded down clean off loose dust and re-paint the wall to make sure the paint matches consistently.
- Apply as many coats as needed and allow paint to dry.
Terms and conditions:
House of Paint & Décor are “South Africa’s Favourite Paint Specialists”. We endeavour to always provide excellent service and expert advice. However some of our members may not carry the full range of products mentioned on this project. House of Paint & Décor tries to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of advertised products to satisfy anticipated customer demands. However, in the event that House of Paint & Décor runs out of stock, or if you can’t find the product you desire please contact us on our customer care line and House of Paint & Décor will assist in sourcing it! Click here for our Customer Care page or contact our customer care line on 086 112 2114.