Distressed paint look
Everyone loves the new, distressed paint look and we will show you how to get the look with an item in your bathroom cupboard! Forget laboriously sanding for hours, this trick will give a vintage look and feel to your pieces that you will adore.
What you will need:
- Paint in the colour of your choice
- Rag or cloth
- Start by applying a thin layer of Vaseline to the edges of your piece and in all the places that you would like for the wood to show through. Be cautious in the placing of your Vaseline because once the Vaseline is on the piece the paint will not adhere to it.
- Depending on the look you are going for you do not need to be precise as to where you place the Vaseline. Apply more in some areas and less in others to get that naturally aged look.
- Now continue to paint the piece including the parts where you rubbed in the Vaseline. Do not be alarmed if the Vaseline painted parts look funny, if the paint didn’t stick that is the effect you are going for.
- Allow the paint to dry slightly (so that it is no longer wet to the touch) then dampen your rag and rub over the Vaseline covered areas. The paint should wipe away to expose the wood underneath the paint.
Terms and conditions:
House of Paint & Décor are “South Africa’s Favourite Paint Specialists”. We endeavour to always provide excellent service and expert advice. However some of our members may not carry the full range of products mentioned on this project. House of Paint & Décor tries to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of advertised products to satisfy anticipated customer demands. However, in the event that House of Paint & Décor runs out of stock, or if you can’t find the product you desire please contact us on our customer care line and House of Paint & Décor will assist in sourcing it! Click here for our Customer Care page or contact our customer care line on 086 112 2114.