Bust up the
Paint blister and bubbles can leave your fresh coat of paint looking like an old job and leave you frustrated. Curing your rising damp problem before you paint is your best defense. Follow our how to guide to busting out damp.
What you will need:
- Sugar Soap
- Patching Plaster
- Sanding paper
- Scrape of any old flaking paint from the area.
- Once all the paint is off, wash the area with a sponge and sugar soap.
- Remove any crumbling plaster and repair the area with patching plaster.
- Once the plaster has dried, sand down the plaster to level it out with the wall surface.
- Dust off any residue.
- Apply a first coat of dampseal, thin the first coat with 30% turpentine.
- Allow 24-hours to dry and apply a second and third coat allowing the 24-hour drying time in between.
- If you want a perfectly smooth surface use a skimming agent (Terraco EZ Skim) (make sure House of Paint & Décor sell this product) to level out the area.
- Once dry and the job is done, finish off the project with your choice of topcoat.
Terms and conditions:
House of Paint & Décor are “South Africa’s Favourite Paint Specialists”. We endeavour to always provide excellent service and expert advice. However some of our members may not carry the full range of products mentioned on this project. House of Paint & Décor tries to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of advertised products to satisfy anticipated customer demands. However, in the event that House of Paint & Décor runs out of stock, or if you can’t find the product you desire please contact us on our customer care line and House of Paint & Décor will assist in sourcing it! Click here for our Customer Care page or contact our customer care line on 086 112 2114.