How to Paint
Are your window frames looking a little tired? Perhaps you feel like it’s time for a new colour? Whatever your reason for doing so, repainting window frames can be tricky! Here is your step-by-step guide to do so!
- Clear off any peeling paint with a good quality paint remover and a scraper. Make sure to use the right product for your type of frame – ask your friendly House of Paint & Décor staff member for advice on what to use for wood and steel window frames.
- Once you’ve scraped off all loose paint, give your window frames a good clean. If there was no loose, chipping or peeling paint to begin with, this would be your first step. Once you’re done with this, let it dry completely.
- Tape off the inside of your frame with a good quality masking tape to avoid getting paint on your glass.
- Now comes the part where you paint your window frame. Start with the primer. Again, there are different products specially created for wood and metal, make sure you use the right one. Apply your primer and allow it to dry completely.
- For your final step, get your desired paint colour and paint away! A good quality acrylic paint should do the trick on both steel and wooden frames, but please consult your friendly House of Paint & Décor store staff. Apply 2 coats, letting the first coat dry properly before applying the second coat.
- Finally, remove the masking tape and enjoy your fresh-looking windows.
But wait, what if you ended up getting paint on the glass? Don’t fret! Even when it’s dry, you can use a razor blade to scrape it off without hurting the glass.
Terms and conditions:
House of Paint & Décor are “South Africa’s Favourite Paint Specialists”. We endeavour to always provide excellent service and expert advice. However some of our members may not carry the full range of products mentioned on this project. House of Paint & Décor tries to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of advertised products to satisfy anticipated customer demands. However, in the event that House of Paint & Décor runs out of stock, or if you can’t find the product you desire please contact us on our customer care line and House of Paint & Décor will assist in sourcing it! Click here for our Customer Care page or contact our customer care line on 086 112 2114.