Painting your way to
an updated floor
Give your floor a nice refreshing update without breaking the bank. Follow our latest DIY project on painting patterns on your flooring.
What you’ll need
- Stencil template (Create a stencil the size of a square meter out of acetate)
- Masking tape
- Sponge or Paintbrush
- 2 x Colours of paint (Ensure the paint is appropriate for your flooring surface)
- Create your stencil with acetate and a craft knife.
- Place your stencils in a 90° corner to start.
- Using your masking tape, secure the stencil to the floor.
- Use your sponge or brush to paint a thin layer of paint over your stencil to transfer the pattern onto the floor.
- Repeat this step with the 2nd colour.
- Allow a few minutes to dry before moving your stencil. Repeat the process until the surface area is covered.
- Allow to dry over night.
- Once dry you can enjoy your beautiful new floor.
Terms and conditions:
House of Paint & Décor are “South Africa’s Favourite Paint Specialists”. We endeavour to always provide excellent service and expert advice. However some of our members may not carry the full range of products mentioned on this project. House of Paint & Décor tries to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of advertised products to satisfy anticipated customer demands. However, in the event that House of Paint & Décor runs out of stock, or if you can’t find the product you desire please contact us on our customer care line and House of Paint & Décor will assist in sourcing it! Click here for our Customer Care page or contact our customer care line on 086 112 2114.