- 1 litre semi-gloss latex paint
- 125ml – 250ml fabric/textile medium (depending on the size of your chair)
- Spray bottle
- Measuring cups
- Stiff-bristled or foam brush
- Large mixing container
- Sand paper
- Mix your paint, fabric medium and water into one container. Use a ratio of 1 part paint, 1 part fabric medium and 2 parts water (1:1:2).
- Before applying the mixture, pre-dampen your chair’s fabric with the spray bottle. Don’t make it too wet.
- Once the first coat is completely dry, lightly sand off any pills that you can see.
- Once you’re done with this, apply another coat of the paint mixture and let it dry. If you feel it needs another coat, go ahead. Tip: Sanding between every coat breaks down the fibres and helps the next coat stick. Be careful not to overdo it though.
- Once you’re satisfied with the colour and cover, you’re done!
Terms and conditions:
House of Paint & Décor are “South Africa’s Favourite Paint Specialists”. We endeavour to always provide excellent service and expert advice. However some of our members may not carry the full range of products mentioned on this project. House of Paint & Décor tries to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of advertised products to satisfy anticipated customer demands. However, in the event that House of Paint & Décor runs out of stock, or if you can’t find the product you desire please contact us on our customer care line and House of Paint & Décor will assist in sourcing it! Click here for our Customer Care page or contact our customer care line on 086 112 2114.