Update your decorative fittings
the professional way
When renovating your cabinets or furniture nothing gives it a professional finish like fresh-looking decorative fittings. We show you how to give your handles, knobs and more that much needed update.
What you’ll need
- Shallow box
- Spray primer
- Spray paint in a colour of your choice
- Degreaser and cleaner
- Prepare your work surface by covering with drop cloths.
- Place the shallow box on top of the cloths.
- Ensure the area is well ventilated and you are wearing the appropriate protection.
- Using a cloth and degreaser wipe down all your decorative fittings in preparation.
- Once dry place your decorative fittings equally apart in the box.
- Use your spray primer to completely coat the decorative fittings on one side.
- Allow the primer to dry thoroughly before continuing.
- Repeat the primer on the other side and allow to dry.
- Once the primer is dry use your chosen spray paint colour and spray your decorative fittings following the same steps as the primer.
- Apply 2 coats to give a good covering.
- Once completely dry, re-attach your decorative fittings to your furniture.
Terms and conditions:
House of Paint & Décor are “South Africa’s Favourite Paint Specialists”. We endeavour to always provide excellent service and expert advice. However some of our members may not carry the full range of products mentioned on this project. House of Paint & Décor tries to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of advertised products to satisfy anticipated customer demands. However, in the event that House of Paint & Décor runs out of stock, or if you can’t find the product you desire please contact us on our customer care line and House of Paint & Décor will assist in sourcing it! Click here for our Customer Care page or contact our customer care line on 086 112 2114.