Give your laminate furniture
a much needed update
Some furniture needs a little extra work to renovate and laminate is one of them. With this project you will learn how to give your laminate furniture a fresh look.
What you’ll need
- Furniture piece
- Extra strength cleaner
- Paint (In your choice of colour and appropriate for the application)
- Roller brush
- *Spray gun and air compressor (If you choose to use it)
- Spray paint
- Drop cloths
- Clean cloth
- Prep your work area, be sure to work outside or in a well ventilated room. Cover the floor with drop cloths to prevent damage and staining. Remove all decorative fittings from your furniture piece.
- Thoroughly clean your piece of furniture to remove all dirt, grime and oil. Try a cleaner that will also remove some of the shine.
- Once the surface is dry and clean you are ready to prime the surface.
- Using a roller brush apply two coats of primer allowing coats to dry in between application. Ensure you cover every corner and piece of surface.
- When the primer is completely dry prepare your paint.
- If you are using a spray gun and air compressor prep your equipment and spray the furniture with two to three coats. Allow coats to dry in between.
- If you are using a paintbrush, work smoothly and apply paint in a one directional stroke as to not leave visible streaks.
- Apply two to three coats and allow for drying time in between coats.
- While you wait for your furniture piece to dry, give your decorative fittings a fresh coat by sanding if down and then using primer and spray paint in your choice of colour.
- Once all is dry reattach your decorative fittings and place your furniture piece in your home and decorate.
Terms and conditions:
House of Paint & Décor are “South Africa’s Favourite Paint Specialists”. We endeavour to always provide excellent service and expert advice. However some of our members may not carry the full range of products mentioned on this project. House of Paint & Décor tries to ensure that we have sufficient stocks of advertised products to satisfy anticipated customer demands. However, in the event that House of Paint & Décor runs out of stock, or if you can’t find the product you desire please contact us on our customer care line and House of Paint & Décor will assist in sourcing it! Click here for our Customer Care page or contact our customer care line on 086 112 2114.